Monday, August 10, 2009

Sarah's Wedding


As mentioned in the previous post, Jenna's best friend, Sarah, got married in Texas over the weekend. Jenna was a bridesmaid so Jenna, Erik and I flew out to Texas. We love Sarah's family and they have been some of our best friends over the years. (They used to live in Raleigh.)

Sarah got married in the San Antonio LDS temple. It is a beautiful temple and it was so much fun to be there. There were lots of stained glass windows. Here's some that I got pictures of:


I only have a few pictures that were taken right after the wedding. It was about 12:30 and close to 100 degrees. I got to hold Sarah's cute little nephew, Deacon, and he was so hot so we tried to stay in the shade.


The entire wedding party
(and the "obligatory" kiss)
The Speirs family
Lauren and Josh Speirs, Bitsy and Jim Speirs
Sarah and Russ Brown, Shannon and Jake Speirs

That evening the reception was held at the Salt Lick Pavilion--a reception area of the Salt Lick Restaurant. The Salt Lick is a Texas barbeque restaurant outside of Austin, Texas. It is DELICIOUS!! We all really enjoyed their food. It was a beautiful reception!

Jenna and Erik at the reception

Jenna and Sarah

Erik and Jenna, Sarah and Russ
(Jenna and Erik got married last year on August 8
so Jenna and Sarah will share anniversary dates. )

Happy One Year Anniversary, Jenna and Erik!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun! i cant wait to go to TX! And Sarah and the whole wedding ensemble looked beautiful! I loved Jennas dress too!

Tracy Whitt said...

Love the glass pictures....the wedding party did not look hot - so good job not showing the heat!

Congrats to Erik and Jenna! ONE YEAR! Crazy,

Alana said...

Sarah and Jenna both look beautiful. That's fun they have the same anniversary, I'm glad you posted the pictures.