Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksigiving

Thanksgiving day started out the way it usually does--with Darin and Donald heading out to the Turkey Bowl. Darin came home ready to eat and move on to other things; Donald came home wondering if he'd be able to move in a few hours. :-) (He was fine--nothing a few Motrin couldn't fix!)

Early afternoon we headed over to our wonderful friends, the Whitts, for appetizers and then the whole group headed to a school down the street for a 13 year tradition called "stinkpot". Vaughn and Meg Peterson taught us this game 13 years ago and although they have moved away, we play it every Thanksgiving. The game is a mix of tag, red rover, and I-don't-know-what. But it's fun and the kids (and adults that play) really enjoy it. I've found that I'm just too slow to keep up with the kids, but I do enjoy sitting on a blanket, enjoying the sun and the game and chatting away with the other ladies. :-)

After stinkpot, it was back to our house where we had Thanksgiving dinner with just our family and Jamie's friend, Will. Jenna and Erik were at the Alvarez home. We had a delightful meal, watched some football and then had some delicious desserts. By 8:30 I was sound asleep on the couch while others watched Elf. A great way to end a busy day!!

And what would Thanksgiving be without a little Rock Band? Jenna decided to reprise her role from last Christmas and sang "Roxanne" for us again. Enjoy!! :-)


3 comments:

Jenna said...

MOTHER! Are you serious?? Haha. Well I guess my undeniable talent had to be shown sooner rather than later :)

P.S. like the background but on the blue it is hard to read...maybe a different color font??

Love you :)

Jan said...

I didn't know how to change font colors--but I figured it out this morning!! Thanks!

Sarah Brown said...

Haha that is great! Clearly all of the karaoke singing that we did in middle school/high school has paid off. :) Wish I could've seen it live. Miss you guys! Love y'all!