Monday, September 27, 2010

Phone Call!!

I just got done talking to this guy....


Today he left the MTC in Provo, Utah to head to El Salvador. He left the SLC airport at 8:25am this morning and flew to Dallas, TX. He arrived there at 12:05pm. After a 3-and-a-half hour layover, he boarded a plane for El Salvador at 4:40pm. He will arrive in El Salvador this evening at 6:05pm. And then his "new life" will start. I'm excited to hear from him over the next 22 months as he serves in different areas in El Salvador. He'll have many different experiences--some hard and some great--and I hope he'll share many of those with us. If you want to follow his experiences, check out the link for "A Tar Heel in El Salvador" on the right side of this blog.

He sounded good. He sounded happy. He is excited to get to El Salvador. He says his Spanish is pretty good--but he knows that he'll struggle with the native speakers for a while. He was excited to have a double cheeseburger at McDonald's in Dallas. I LOVED talking to him. It was hard to hang up the phone--but easier than I thought it would be since he seemed so happy and so excited. I can't wait to see what the next 22 months hold for him. :-)

3 comments:

Tracy Whitt said...

Wow - time FLEW! Well at least for me. I bet it was wonderful to hear his voice.

Alana said...

What a good looking kid. I'm sure he'll do great. Zach's oldest nephew goes into the MTC this week headed for Panama. He's right on heels of your Spanish speaking Tar Heel.

Unknown said...

Hi Jan,
I just know I like you already.
I'm Zach's oldest sister Jenny, and my son Roger went IN the revolving door your son went OUT on the 27th of September. I've enjoyed peeking at your blog. Nice to "meet" you!