(The really pretty black and white pictures I got from Sarah's blog--not only is the photographer better--but so is the camera!!)
Sallie was born on June 28, 2010 at 4:28pm. She weighed in at 6 pounds 2 ounces and is 19.5 inches long. She is absolutely adorable and we've all fallen in love with her.Monday was a nerve-wracking day as we waited for word on how things were going. We finally headed to the hospital around 3:30 and we were rewarded for waiting just an hour later.
I got to go into see Sallie first with Delainey and Ginger (Sarah's mom). Ginger and I kept telling Delainey we were going to see Sallie and then when we got outside her door, we could hear Sallie crying. We told Delainey that was Sallie crying and she just started grinning and giggling! How fun it was to see her reaction to her little sister! She really didn't want anything to do with the rest of us--she wanted to see Sallie. She wanted to know why her "toes were hiding". (They were wrapped in the blanket.) She wanted to see her fingers. She laughed when Sallie cried. She wanted to hold her. There was joy in the room!!
We all got a chance to hold Sallie and we took a picture of Devin, Jamie, Jenna and Darin with Sallie just like we did when Delainey was born. (I'm hoping that everyone will always live close and I can continue to get a picture like this with each new baby.)
Donald and I snuck up to the hospital this afternoon to hold her again. Ahhhh, the joys of a new baby: the smell, the feel, the awe-inspiring feeling as you hold them. I LOVE every bit of it!
3 comments:
They are all beautiful!
How cute! And when Darin comes back Delaniey will be 4!
I cried! We're very happy for them and for you.
Post a Comment